Monday, April 5, 2010

My Art

I decided to take up art seriously a few weeks back. I'm a lot better at drawing and painting than I was as a kid. It probably has a lot to do with my having a lot of patience. One thing I've learned is the world doesn't move a smart speed. Most people who live in this world are dumb and they will settle for half-assed or whatever grade of mediocre you prefer. I'm sick of that. I want a better life. One of the things I realized is that I don't like anyone telling me what the fuck I can or can't do or say. I'm sick of it. I got to my crappy job where I get really dirty. I have to put up with people who are in charge but don't do such a great job of running things. I have to put up with people who I would not otherwise deal with. In short I go to work because I have to. I live a supposedly free country but really I don't have a lot of freedom. I got to work. I go to the gym. I come home. I surf the internet and read. I don't have a lot of money to go out or do anything fun. I don't have a huge amount of free time but one thing I do have is drive or ambition or whatever you want to call it. Everywhere you go you have people telling you that you should settle for less. Really you should take some liberty and just not fucking listen. If people don't want to share an idea or contribute some positive energy into my life then fuck them. They won't share in my success.

The reason I do art is simple. Noone can tell me what the fuck to paint a picture of. Noone can tell me what media to use or how I should go about techniques to use. In fact the only people I'm going to show is people who visit my website and other artists and art collectors (well maybe some galleries if they wanna rep me). Other than that I really could care less what the average Joe has to say about anything let alone what they have to about my expression. I live in small town with peopl who have small town mentallities. There are a lot of people who die without ever taking life into their own hands. I'm going to grab life by the balls. I'm sick of not being in control. People will see who I am what I have to say. Some will like it others will not. In short I'm going to live my life for me from here on out. Fuck what anyone else has to say about it. They don't do anything for me why should I do what they want?

No comments:

Post a Comment